FTK Nation Terms of ServiceThe following are the Terms of Service for the Four Diamonds FTK Nation, Blog and Online Community (collectively the "FTK Nation"). Use of the FTK Nation indicates you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use FTK Nation.
PURPOSEThe FTK Nation is designed to serve as a resource for Four Diamonds Volunteers and staff members. FTK Nation helps us and other members answer questions, share ideas, connect with one another, and benefit from the collective experiences of the community. The FTK Nation Blog is designed to be available to Four Diamonds volunteers.
Our mission to conquer childhood cancer is nothing without you, and we thank you for your participation.
WAYS TO PARTICIPATEJust get started. You can introduce yourself, ask a question, submit an idea, click to recognize submissions, or even help answer questions that other members have. The more you share, the better it is for everyone. If you're reading this and don't have a profile photo, add one now. Attaching a name to a face helps build community for everyone.
HOW TO ACTWe're almost embarrassed to include this because our community members have been so great thus far. But, if you're wondering some simple things can help:
1. Be positive. Everyone loves a positive personality.
2. Be helpful. Everyone is here looking to learn and get better.
3. Share. You have great experiences that can help others. Share them.
4. Be smart. Don't share anything that you wouldn't want up on the Web. That also goes for copyrighted materials.
WE WELCOME YOUR FEEDBACKThanks for being a part of FTK Nation. If you have any feedback, please let us know by sending us an email at email@example.com.
THE LEGALESEWHAT YOU CAN'T DO
You may not use your registered account (or allow anyone else to use your registered account) to post or transmit:
• Content that is threatening, defamatory, abusive, hateful, offensive, fraudulent, discloses private matters of another person.
• Political or religious statements or commentary.
• Anything that intentionally violates any applicable law or regulation
• Any material that you don't have the right to transmit under law, such as copyright, trade secret, or securities, or under contractual or fiduciary relationships, such as nondisclosure agreements.
• Language that promotes illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them. This includes any message that solicits or promotes the use of an illegal substance.
• An attempt to impersonate another person.
• Private information, such as social security numbers.
• Advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation.
• Any file or link to a file that contains viruses, "Trojan Horses," corrupted files, or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else's computer.
• Messages designed to evade profanity or other filters.
• Hyperlinks that lead to sites that violate any of our guidelines.
If you find a violation of these Terms of Service, please notify us by using one of the "Report As Inappropriate" links, or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that work belonging to you is displayed on or has been copied onto the FTK Nation without your permission, please notify by sending a written notification of claimed infringement:
90 Hope Drive, A120
Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, your notification must include:
• A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
• A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You must be 13 years of age or older to register an account on FTK Nation.
If you believe your login or password information has been compromised or any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security has occurred, you are responsible for promptly notifying us. You can notify us by sending an email to email@example.com. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post, or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to deny, restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of FTK Nation at any time, for any reason, with or without prior notice or explanation without liability.
Four Diamonds reserves the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
Use of FTK Nation is provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied. You expressly agree that the use of FTK Nation is at your sole risk. FTK Nation does not warrant that the site will be uninterrupted or error free, nor does Small World Labs make any warranty as to any results that may be obtained by use of the service. Four Diamonds makes no other warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, in relation to the service.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances shall Four Diamonds, Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital or Penn State University be liable to you or any other person for any damages, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of or relating to this agreement or the use of the service or site. Your sole and exclusive remedy hereunder shall be for you to discontinue your use of the site and terminate this agreement.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Small World Labs, its shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any action, cause, claim, damage, debt, demand or liability, including reasonable costs and attorney's fees, asserted by any person, arising out of or relating to: (a) this Agreement; (b) your use of the Small World Labs Site, including any data or work transmitted or received by you; and (c) any libelous, slanderous, indecent or other statement concerning any person made or republished by you.
GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
These Terms of Service constitute a binding agreement. Failure to comply with these Terms of Service may result in account revocation and other legal action. The laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A., shall govern the Terms of Service and the relationship between you and Small World Labs, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You and Small World Labs agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Travis, Texas, U.S.A.